The past few weeks I have finally gotten into a weekly "routine", or I should say that I've adapted to my weekend routine-and not having one during the week. Work is going well, I feel comfortable in my position more and more every weekend. Due to the sensitivity of the information-I won't be on my own for another 3-4 months, which is perfectly fine with me.
After almost 4 years of having to wake, get myself ready, and another 1 or 2 beings out the door by 7:30; it's such a welcome to ease myself and the kids into the day. And yes, there are some days when Alex doesn't have school, that we don't get out of our pj's til late afternoon. Laura, sometimes doesn't at all-and I'm perfectly alright with that. I bought Laura some Hello Kitty underwear, so when the time comes-she might find them interesting. Well she pulled a pair out last week and wanted to wear them, over her pj's. She left them on literally all day, and just before Jason walked through the door she sported a headband in her wild, uncombed hair. Let's just say it reminded me of the movie Little Miss Sunshine. Jason found her quite entertaining-and she didn't have a clue how crazy she looked. My only regret was that I didn't capture the moment!
Laura's vocabulary is evolving everyday, and I had to laugh the other day when my mom described her as "fiesty" after much hesitation. I hate comparing my kids-or any kids for that matter, I think they lose their individuality when they're constantly compared to their brother, sister, etc. But I love how different Alex and Laura's personalities are, Alex is generally pretty quiet, reserved, and goes with the flow. Laura is the one to voice her opinion in most things (even if we don't know what she is saying), she communicates with either a no-or an attempt to hit her brother. If you don't tell her what she wants to hear, it usually involves her throwing whatever it might be that she has in her hand-including her dinner. The only thing I don't like is that she's to the stage where she picks up on everything her brother does, and coming into 4-he's not exactly at a "lovable" stage. It was quite comical though the other day when we left the children's museum, Alex was throwing a tantrum-I used my "one, two" tactic and he promptly got up and followed me. Well that night Alex was being yelled at for something else, and Laura promptly walked up to him and said "one, two". Needless to say Alex didn't like it too much when she gave him a taste of his own medicine that is telling her what to do-I often have to remind him that he is her brother, not her mom.
So life as a sahm on the weekdays is going well; it's even better when you don't know what each day is going to bring w/ your kids.
1 comment:
I love it! I can just picture her - "one, two!" What a sweetie!
Post a Comment