I pretty much jumped right into my new position w/ no time off; I opted to reap the benefits of a few larger fulltime checks-paired w/ my large bank of vacation time left from RC. But my new schedule gave Alex and I an opportunity to take an extended weekend trip out to Colorado.
Alex is to the age where if you tell him you're doing something exciting, he'll ask about it continuously until we do it; so I opted to not tell him what we were doing until the Thursday before we left. We flew out Friday night after work, and it was nice that the Mischo's booked a hotel in Denver so we didn't have to hop in the car for another hour. We got up and enjoyed the pool, then headed to the Denver aquarium. After that we headed to our destination near Fort Collins. The weather was 55-70 while we were there, so a very nice change of pace. The kids were able to play outside, and just enjoy the fresh air. We visited a few places while we were there, but Alex preferred to just stay at Fritz'ies and play which was perfectly fine for all of us.
I was really just looking for an excuse to go out and see my sister and her family for a few days, and Alex loves to play with Ari and Maddie; which was exactly what we did. Thanks again for the great hospitality Mischo's, hopefully see you and new baby Mischo in the spring!
No comments:
Post a Comment