Sunday, April 18, 2010

Almost 5!


It is unbelievable that Alex is turning 5 in less than a week, I ask myself where the time has gone. . . .

He's grown so much physically, mentally, academically, and socially this past year with the new adaptation of 4k, and the before/after school program. I didn't anticipate problems, but I don't think I could ever believe how interested Alex would be in school, writing words other than his name, learning numbers, and sharing his day with me.

I love hearing his progress from his teacher, he continually excels in almost all aspects of school-I hope that enthusiasm continues for him, at least for a while:). He's got an exciting summer planned ahead of him already, he's going to participate in summer school and little league. I had opted for an assistant coach position, but apparently there is a shortage of coaches so they backed me into a corner to take the position. How hard can it be, it's the Squirts League!

The sad realization has come that he's not "my little boy" anymore, he doesn't need a kiss when I leave him at school or daycare, and I probably don't even need to walk him in-but when it's night time and we're snuggling in to go to bed, he still reminds me of the little toddler in him that would run around w/ his blank and blue pup and tell me that he loves me, and need a moochie and hug. I'm going to cherish this time because I know all too well it's probably becoming limited. . .

Alex is celebrating in style this year, equipped w/ a swimming party at the Ripon Comfort Suites, and for the first time the party is going to include many of Alex's friends instead of just family. Happy Birthday Allycat James Wuest, I love you!

No comments: