Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Semi-retired


That was the term my sister used when she found out I quit my job. Yes, I decided that the poor work environment paired with the unfulfillment of the actual duties wasn't worth my commute and time away from the family on the weekends. So I've decided to stay home with the kids fulltime until the baby comes. I'll then go on the job hunt again and see what is out there.

The question of the hour for some of those who found out I quit was "do you regret leaving RC?" Not at all, I wanted to spend more time with my kids, and that's what I'm doing-and I was ready to move onto something different since RC couldn't offer me the best of both worlds. Do I miss the people there, and the great work environment-yes, but the trade off was worth it to me.
In the meantime, RC needs some help with their lease cycle so I eagerly volunteered to help them-it benefits them by helping get computers out, and benefits me by continuing to do 'something' in computers.

In this economy it was something I was very hesistant to do, but I don't think any job that offers such a poor environment is worth the sanity of somebody. The thought of relying on somebody else for my livelihood is a little unnerving, especially considering that person is self-employed. But I situated and managed money as best I could, so hopefully we're set for a few good months-the rest is out of my hands.

1 comment:

Shannan said...

Good luck Terri! It sounds like you made the right decision. Enjoy being home with the kids!! :)