Monday, August 11, 2008

Misc

We'll title this post Misc because it will be brief, and probably about no one thing imparticular.

Summer is slowly winding down, RC students start class August 27th and students are already starting to come back. Where did the summer go?! I'm slowly pecking at computers getting deployed, and enjoying the fact I'm on no time constraints this summer.

Laura had her 1 year check-up, she weighed in at 22 lbs, and 29 1/4 inches long. Most people don't have a baseline for what that means, but contrary to what her father says about her thighs-she's kind of a peanut. Our only basis, Alex was 25 lbs, 30" when he was the same age-so he was a little chunk, which you'd never believe looking at him now.

Photobucket

Despite being fairly little, she has an amazingly healthy appetite-and I mean healthy literally. She loves most anything healthy, but she loves her veggies.
Photobucket Here you can see her enjoying a fresh cucumber out of Grandpa's garden.

Aside from her body growing, Laura's hair is growing like a weed-just as her brother, she was blessed with two sets of genes for a very full head of hair. We're starting to reap the benefits of that now, and as you can see it sometimes gets the best of her: Photobucket. Jason keeps saying she needs her hair cut, and I assured him that girls don't get haircuts this young-she's "growing her bangs out". Which he had no clue, but I told him soon enough he would learn what a french braid is, and even worse-he will probably know how to put one in within the next few years:).

Alex received his school supply list which was exciting and a little sad for me, hard to believe he'll be starting school in less than a month. I'm very fortunate my boss has let me set my schedule so that I will be able drop him off and pick up everyday, which was important to me.

Jason is coming to the close of his first class, which has went pretty well for him I think. Definitely an eye opener in the sense that he needed to manage his time between work, kids and homework-I'm not sure who was happier when he got his first test back w/ an A on it. I'm sure he was happier, but I was also happy because it was a confidence booster telling him that he could do this.
Photobucket

Alright, back to work. . .

1 comment:

Shannan said...

Great pictures Teri! Did you take the first and last one? They looks so professional! I cannot believe it is almost school time. Laura is a tiny thing and Alex is looking so tall and grown up!