Due to the house project last summer, we didn't get a whole lot of time for rest or relaxation-with that usually comes going up north for a trip or two. This summer we were determined to get up there at least once each summer month, and this past weekend was it for July. It was nice for Alex to have little one's to play with for a change (aside from sitter kids), they played in the sand, water and lit a few sparklers. Alex and Laura also got to experience their first parade, Alex really enjoyed looking at all the big equipment; Laura, not so much. Her and I found a swing at the local park, and entertained ourself.
It was fun while it lasted, but we were ready to come home Sunday and have a day to ourselves. So much packing and resituating goes into it when you have kids in tow, so it's nice to have that extra day to recoop, do some laundry, and just hang out. We lit a few more fireworks off at home, and we all slept in for a change (that means til 7 a.m. for us) so that's what I consider our holiday:).
In other news, Jason is working on our siding and the house looks beautiful. It's amazing how used to Tyvek a person can get, it's almost as if I forgot what the house could potentially look like. I'm glad I opted to make a few annual baskets-at first I thought, what for-why put beautiful flowers in front of a project. But there's hope it will be done by the end of the summer (maybe the siding by Laura's birthday even!), so I'm glad I have some flowers to dress it up even more.
I'm done with my Economics course, so I can officially relax for a good month and half. Computers will start arriving any day now, so I'll post for Laura's birthday and then I'll probably be MIA for the next month or so.
Hope this finds everyone well!
No comments:
Post a Comment